Coach Monica’s P90X Family Meals
by Monica Koon | The Fit Club Network
Are you wanting to do P90X, but dread the thought of being in the kitchen cooking for your kids and yourself? I’ve come up with some P90X family meals to make my life easier and I’m here to share them with you.
P90X portion approach is pretty straight forward. The Fat Shredder Plan [Level 1] allows me 5 protein, 2 dairy, 1 fruit, 2 vegetables, 1 fat, 1 carb [OUCH!], and 1 single snack. As a mom of two, I wanted to make sure I could follow a healthy meal plan, while providing my kids with great meals. The single most important thing to remember is that our kids are NOT restricted to one complex carb per day. Family menu planning for me has taken on the “Add On” approach.
Monica’s Add On Approach
With my “Add On” approach, you start with YOUR base requirements based on the P90X Nutrition Guide. For example, you’re planning on a 2 protein, 1 vegetable, 1 carb dinner with your family. You realize that you can have a lean hamburger or turkey burger, a whole grain bun, and a small salad. Your kids can have additional sides, like baked potato fries and/or whole wheat pasta salad. They are not limited to smaller portions.
P90X Family Breakfast Ideas
- 3 hard boiled eggs [no yolk] + 3 slices of turkey bacon [2 proteins]
- 6 egg white omelet + 1/2 cup of veggie mix [1 protein, 1/2 veggie]
- 1 scoop whey powder + 8 oz nonfat plain yogurt + 1 cup strawberries [1 protein, 1 dairy, 1/2 fruit]
- 1 scoop chocolate whey + 1 tbsp peanut butter [taken from snack] + 1 cup skim milk
- Mini breakfast tacos with 1 corn tortilla + 3 egg whites
P90X Family Lunch Ideas
Kids can easily eat sandwiches, soups, chicken nuggets, soy corn dogs, and other options. Lunch is a great time to eat your proteins without a carb. Here are a few adult lunch ideas:
- Tuna salad with mustard + nonfat plain yogurt [instead of mayo] dressing over tomato + lettuce [1 protein, 1 veggie]
- Shredded chicken in 1 cup vegetable soup [1 protein, 1 veggie]
P90X Family Dinner Ideas
- 96% lean hamburgers [grilled or broiled] with whole wheat bun
- Turkey meatballs in homemade marinara with whole wheat spaghetti
- Chicken burritos with whole wheat tortilla
- Street tacos with corn tortillas
- Polpetone [Italian meatloaf]: Make meatballs in bowl and transfer to bread Pyrex. Pour 1/2 cup of marinara on top of each slice. Serve with whole wheat penne or rigatoni [2 proteins, 1/2 veggie, 1 optional carb]
- Non-spicy turkey chili with veggies + whatever kind of beans your children like [no onions, bell peppers]
P90X Family Snack Ideas
- Banana with cottage cheese
- 6 oz fresh squeezed orange juice + 1 scoop vanilla whey
- 1 cup strawberries over 8oz plain nonfat yogurt
- String cheese
- Peanut butter celery
- Nonfat frozen yogurt [YUM!]
I hope this helps you! If you need more help with P90X meal planning for your family or individually, that’s my specialty. Just click on the button below to contact me.
Wife, mother, former elementary school teacher, and one-half of a dynamic husband/wife coaching team. I am currently an Independent 14 Star Diamond Coach whose passionate about helping others transform their lives.