P90X3 is coming SOON! It’s due to launch on December 10, 2013, and we are super excited. I wanted to give you a little P90X3 overview to let you know what this program will be all about.
P90X3 is a separate program from P90X and P90X2. It is not a harder version. In fact, even beginners can start with P90X3. If you’ve done P90X or P90X2, you’ll see both similar and different moves. Check out our P90X Workouts page for more details on each of these programs.
Here is a little P90X3 overview:
- All workouts are 30 minutes long—each one begins with a 2 minute warm-up, then constant work for 28 minutes. The science behind this suggests the first 30 minutes is the most effective part of any exercise routine, so they accelerated the workouts to create the most effective 30 minute routines.
- There is a separate warm-up disk called Cold Start if you need a longer warm-up due to environment, time of day, etc.
- The P90X3 Nutrition Plan goes back to nutrition basics of Power 90.
- There are 16 workouts in the P90X3 Base Kit. The Deluxe Kit has four extra routines for a total of 20.
- Most of the ab moves are athletic in nature; some are standing up and many are front facing instead of being on your back.
- P90X3 will also include the following:
- a brand new Pilates-based workout
- an all new Isometrics workout—a new Strength/Balance/Flexibility workout with Static Holds
- CVX Cardiovascular Extreme—a Cardio workout with weights
- MMX—a Mixed Martial Arts Extreme that expands the Kenpo workout
- All new Agility X programming
- 30 minute yoga routines
- There are four schedules in P90X3—Classic, Lean, Doubles, and Bulk.
- The only equipment you’ll need are weights or bands (a pull-up bars is great like in P90X, but optional).
- Every move in P90X3 has a Beginner/Modified, In Between, and Challenging/Hard version.
Great news—39 out of 40 people in the Test Group lost 10% of their body fat !!!!! How awesome is that???
That’s all the P90X3 info we’ve been given to date. Here’s a video where Tony Horton discusses the P90X3 Test Group results and some of the changes that have been made to the P90X3 Nutrition Guide.
Get Coached for Free
Both Monica and I are P90X Certified Coaches, so we really hope you take advantage of our free coaching program. It’s included in the price of the program and is an important part of the P90X3 program. Here’s how you sign up: