Best Herbal Teas for Fitness
Sometimes there is benefit in drinking something other than water. Like herbal tea, for instance. Some of them actually have some pre- or post-workout perks. In just a few more sentences, I’m going to pass along the 10 best herbal teas for fitness so you can see for yourself.
An herb is the friend of physicians and the praise of cooks. | Charlemagne
You might never know if you get all your health information from Western doctors, but herbs can have a huge positive impact on you in certain circumstances. They were the first prescriptions.
Ancient civilizations—in India, China, Rome, Greece, Egypt, and Central and South America—all used herbs to treat illness and help the healing process. Herbs can sooth, calm, and relax—or boost energy and promote regeneration. They can produce amazing results and shouldn’t be taken lightly. They can actually cause issues if overused or used for the wrong purpose.
I have put together a list of the best herbal teas for fitness that you can drink them before or after you do the fitness portion of the 21 Day Fix, PiYo, Body Beast or one of the P90X Workouts. You can drink them hot or iced. You might be surprised at how they help, despite being overall gentler and totally more natural than traditional medications.
- Peppermint—helps relieve muscle aches and spasms
- Lavender—perfect for a post-workout calm down
- Rosehip—promotes tissue regeneration, reduces fatigue, and improves adrenal function
- Chamomile—another ideal choice for a post-workout calm down
- Ginger—relieves muscle inflammation and pain
- Rosemary—relaxes your muscles
- Echinacea—reduces inflammation
- Hawthorn—strengthens the heart and increases blood flow
- Ginseng—for a pre-workout vitality boost and to help with weight loss
- Sarsparilla—boosts your energy
Nutrition is a huge aspect of our FREE coaching program, because it has the most impact on your weight. If you have any nutrition questions, click on the button below and we’ll do our best to get you an answer: