BUFFET STYLE MEAL PREP SCHOOL
Once a teacher, always a teacher! Before I became one of Beachbody’s founding coaches, I was an elementary school teacher. When I saw people overcomplicating and stressing out about nutrition and meal prep on the 21 Day Fix eating plan, I decided to put my teacher pants back on and open this Buffet Style Meal Prep School.
Why? Because buffet style meal prep is SIMPLE and EFFICIENT—and, simple is smart, sexy, and the key to success with ANY realistic lifestyle.
Note the emphasis on lifestyle. At the core of my coaching philosophy is a healthy lifestyle, not a diet. My goal is to teach you to eat in a way that supports your health and weight goals on a permanent daily basis so you can STOP struggling.
The tool that works best for me and most of my customers is the 21 Day Fix portion control eating plan. This is NOT just another temporary diet—no more yo-yo-ing! It is a structured and sustainable healthy way of eating that helps you eat whole single ingredient foods in the proper proportions and ratios using the 21 Day Fix food containers.
No More Overcomplicating Healthy Eating!
I see it all the time—people overcomplicating eating healthy. Here’s what usually happens:
They find a new weight loss solution and are super excited and dialed in—in the beginning.
They tell everyone what they’re doing, expend a lot of effort to get organized, spend hours on Pinterest looking for new breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes, post pics of their new meals all over social media, and then…SILENCE.
After a couple weeks or months, they burn out and lose out.
Does this sound familiar??? If so, don’t feel bad. We’ve ALL been there. None of us can change reality—and, trust me, reality always hits.
We ALL have only 24 hours in the day, 7 days in a week, and 4 weeks in a month, 12 months in a year—and most of us have MANY people and/or tasks that use lots of it up.
As much as we’d like to temporarily fool ourselves, we can never escape our human limits and few of us can keep up a Martha Stewart pace for long.
The good news is that buffet style meal prep is something everybody can handle because it’s SIMPLE and DOABLE!
At first, finding several hours to plan, shop, and prep meals may seem daunting—or even impossible—but, it’s not. If you’re feeling this way, I want you to STOP and do something for me (for YOU) right NOW:
- Calculate how much time you currently spend every week grocery shopping, cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner on a daily basis.
- Calculate the time you spend going through the drive-thru or stopping off at the convenience store to grab something when you don’t feel like cooking.
- Add these two numbers together.
- Now, take an honest look at the quality of the food you’re eating spending this amount of time.
Hopefully, this little exercise gave you some perspective. It’s very likely that the sum you came up with above isn’t that different than the time you’ll spend doing buffet style meal prep for the entire week—and, if you do it right, you’ll be eating much healthier food.
What is Buffet Style Meal Prep?
Buffet style meal prep is a brilliant twist on regular meal prep. Here’s how it works:
- You prepare a variety of UNseasoned staple healthy single ingredient foods (like meats, eggs, other protein, veggies, rice, etc…the more nutrient dense, the better) ahead of time and store them in individual containers.
- When it’s meal time, your fridge functions just like a restaurant buffet—you grab a little bit of this and a little bit of that and throw some seasonings on top. Feel like Mexican? Add some cumin, oregano, and hot sauce. Italian? Throw in some basil, oregano, and balsamic vinegar. Thai? Toss in some lime juice, red chili peppers, and cilantro. Voila—you have a delicious AND healthy meal in MINUTES.
Not only is buffet style meal prep a HUGE timesaver over preparing separate individual meals, it also works GREAT for feeding a family with a variety of eating requirements and tastes.
How Meal Prepping Helps With Weight Loss
If your goal is to lose weight, meal prepping MUST be put at the top of your priority list. Here are some ways that planning and prepping meals helps us lose weight:
- Meal prep takes the guesswork out of our week’s healthy meals. When we are mindful about our meals for the week, we know exactly what (and how much) we’re eating. Guess what? There is NO arguing against the relationship between planning and meeting goals.
- Meal prep virtually eliminates unhealthy eating. We tend to make our worst food choices when we’re hungry and in a hurry, tired, or unprepared. This is when we lose to our impulsive cravings, fall back into our unhealthy habits, or grab whatever’s easiest (which is NOT usually the healthiest). When we take the time to sit down and thoughtfully plan out what we’re eating for the week, and have our snacks and meals prepared ahead of time, we ensure that we eat healthy, balanced meals.
- Meal prep keeps eating interesting. Meal planning does NOT mean your meals are boring! In fact, it’s been found that people who plan and prep their meals ahead of time not only eat more nutritious foods, but they also have more variety in their diet.
- Meal prep reduces stress and conserves willpower. When we have too many choices, we are called upon far too often to use our willpower to make the right ones and turn down the tempting ones. With pre-planned and prepped meals, we have just the right amount of healthy options to choose from.
And, remember, that buffet style meal prep actually frees up time during the following week—no more expending mental energy thinking up breakfast, lunch AND dinner each day and no more physical energy and time to make them on a daily basis. All you have to do is throw your meal together from your prepped foods and (maybe) heat it up!
Free Coaching & Support
Soon after the 21 Day Fix launched, I made the decision to specialize in it. Not too long after that, I figured out the beauty of buffet style meal prep.
When Beachbody on Demand was launched, I was thrilled because now I could teach my customers how to have variety with BOTH their meals and their workouts—at a SUPER reasonable price! (You know you MUST combine healthy nutrition AND fitness to reach your goal, right?)
So you have a doable meal prep system and a variety of workouts for an amazing price—now add free coaching and membership in my private online accountability group and you have a SOLID system for success.
If you’ve already decided you want to try the portion control system, I have two things for you to do right now:
- If you haven’t already done so AND you want to try the portion control system, sign up for my FREE one-week 21 Day Fix meal plan and Getting Started guide by clicking on the button below so you can start walking on the path toward success; and,
- Start reading my Getting Started with the 21 Day Fix so you start off on the right foot!
Go To Buffet Style Meal Prep School
Now, it's time to go back to school—FOR FREE!
The timing of your attendance is totally up to you—and you can go to school wherever you want! What's important is that you invest some time to learn exactly how to do buffet style meal prep so you can successfully live a SIMPLE healthy lifestyle!
REMEMBER—if you keep doing the same thing, you'll keep getting the same result. To do things differently, you have to learn new ways.
Here are all of your classes in your new Buffet Style Meal Prep school: