10 Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
Are you looking for a better, more fulfilling breakfast? If so, I’ve gathered together some healthy breakfast smoothie recipes for you!
Breakfast helps you start your day on the right note—and a healthy breakfast can even keep you from overeating later in the day.
If you’re a grab-and-go eater that’s looking for easy AND nutritious, you’ll definitely want to give some of these filling breakfast smoothies a try!
The Importance of Protein for Breakfast
There’s a reason why these shakes are perfect for breakfast—the reason is PROTEIN!
Protein enhances muscle growth and is an effective weight-loss tool, keeping you full for hours.
A protein shake is quick to make, portable, and nutritious, as long as you’re using high-quality ingredients.
In fact, the best breakfast smoothie includes a healthy protein powder along with veggies, fruits, and other ingredients.
Look for morning smoothie recipes that have protein, fiber, and healthy fats for a complete healthy start to your morning.
You also want to nclude fruit, veggies, a healthy liquid, and some protein powder. Speaking of protein powder, let’s talk about that for a sec.
A Word About Protein Powders
If you’re a regular reader of my blog, you know where I stand on Shakeology. It’s simply the BEST protein powder available—both because of the protein and because it offers more than protein.
Many companies source inferior ingredients that are grown in unsanitary and sometimes toxic situations. Beachbody Research Labs tests every single Shakeology batch, so you can rest assured you’re getting top quality. You can read more about Shakeology here.
Adding a scoop of Shakeology makes a plain healthy smoothie recipe even better. When I see a breakfast smoothie I like, but it doesn’t include protein, I throw in a scoop of whatever Shakeology flavor works best with the ingredients.
Easy Breakfast Smoothies
Let’s get to these easy breakfast smoothies!
- Banana Cashew Latte Shakeology — Try this delicious smoothie full of natural goodness like banana, rolled oats, and cashews. It only takes 10 minutes to make but it will keep you feeling full all morning!
- Mocha Frappuccino — Looking for a healthy coffee smoothie? This one’s an adaptation of the less-than-healthy Starbucks Frappuccino.
This morning smoothie is rich, refreshing, and full of real wholesome ingredients, and it only takes 5 minutes to make! Don’t forget to add a scoop of chocolate Shakeology to the recipe!
- Carrot Cake Smoothie — Do you love carrot cake as much as I do? Try this carrot cake smoothie instead that substitutes healthy ingredients in place of sugar and fat.
Want to make it vegan? Use Vegan Shakeology and you’re good to go!
- Avocado Ginger Shakeology — Looking for interesting breakfast smoothie ideas? Try this Avocado Ginger Shakeology Breakfast Smoothie for a great start to your day. You’ll get veggies, fruits, and the healthy fat in avocado to keep you feeling full all morning. And, fresh ginger lends an energizing ZING to your morning!
- Citrus Berry Smoothie — I’ve adapted this yummy citrus berry breakfast smoothie by adding a scoop of Shakeology for added protein and flavor. If you love citrus and berries, this is your JAM!
- Anti-inflammatory Cherry-Spinach Smoothie — Anti-inflammatory diets are all the rage for a reason…they lower your risk of heart disease and other diseases. Low-fat kefir, frozen cherries, and baby spinach make this breakfast smoothie a winner when it comes to fighting inflammation. Be sure and add a scoop of Vanilla Whey Shakeology!
- Raspberry and Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl — For those who’ve gotta have their morning oats, you’ll love this smoothie bowl! Frozen raspberries, chia seeds, and rolled oats get a boost from Shakeology to make this the perfect breakfast smoothie.
- Berry Avocado Breakfast Smoothie — Looking for a tangy delicious way to start your day? Try this berry smoothie with a touch of avocado. The healthy fat in the avocado keeps you full throughout your busy morning.
- Acai-Blueberry Smoothie Bowl — Looking for something thick and satisfying? This breakfast smoothie bowl will do the trick. It’s filled with wholesome nutritious ingredients and, with the addition of a scoop of your favorite Shakeology, it’ll pack a protein punch to get you through the morning.
- Spinach-Avocado Smoothie — Looking for the perfect green breakfast smoothie? This is it! You’ll love the super creamy texture from the avocado. I also throw in a scoop of Vanilla Shakeology to give it a protein and nutrient boost.
- Sweet Creamy Coffee Shakeology — Last, but not least, here’s another healthy coffee smoothie for those who love that coffee vibe first thing in the morning. The best thing about this smoothie is that it won’t give you the jitters! You’ll also love how easy it is to throw this healthy treat together.
Give Your Morning a Boost with These Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
Your fitness journey happens as much in the kitchen as it does in the gym. You can’t out exercise a bad diet!
Add some excitement to your morning routine with these healthy breakfast smoothie recipes. Let me know which recipes you like the best!
If you’re looking to up your health and fitness game, don’t hesitate to get in touch. I can help you define and meet your health and fitness goals.