Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oatmeal
It isn’t autumn until all things pumpkin spice come out! Of course, Shakeology must be included in the mix. Did you know it makes more than just shakes? Like, for instance, this Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oatmeal.
From a health standpoint, it’s 100% okay for you to eat some pumpkin every day if you so choose. Here’s why:
- It’s good for your eyes. Because it’s high in beta carotene and Vitamin A—in fact, it has more than 200% of the RDA in just one cup—pumpkins help care of one of our most precious body parts.
- Fights cancer. The beta carotene in pumpkin is purported to help prevent cancer.
- Prevent wrinkles. Beta carotene ALSO helps keep the wrinkles at bay. I may be smearing it on my face this fall lol.
- Promotes weight loss. Yes, really. It’s the three grams of fiber per one cup serving that makes us feel fuller longer at a cost of only 49 calories.
- Helps our bodies recover from workouts. The potassium in pumpkins helps restore electrolytes and keep our muscles working optimally.
- Boosts our immunity. If Vitamin C works like it’s supposed to, the 20% RDA of Vitamin C in one cup of pumpkin helps us fight off sickness
So, I relieve of you of all pumpkin guilt! Let me know how you like this Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oatmeal, please.
- 1/2 cup dry old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 serving Vanilla Shakeology
- 1/2 serving Café Latte Shakeology
- 2/3 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin pureé
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- cacao nibs, pecans, walnuts, or pepitas for garnish (optional)
- Combine the oats and vanilla and café latte Shakeology in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add water or almond milk, pumpkin pureé, vanilla extract and chia seeds; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. If desired, you can add almond milk to get the oatmeal to your desired consistency. Garnish with optional toppings before eating.