Kale Chips Recipe
Are you craving salty chips, but are determined NOT to cheat? Try this simple kale chips recipe instead!
This is one of my favorite clean eating recipes for weight loss. It’s SO easy to make and satisfies my craving without an ounce of guilt. Trader Joes makes it even easier with their pre-cut and pre-washed bag of kale.
But, first, a little bit about the health benefits of kale.
Health Benefits of Kale
One cup of kale has only 36 calories and 0 grams of fat. How awesome is that??? If you go light on the oil and you have one seriously low-cal snack. And, let’s not forget that that also in this cup is about 20% of the recommended daily allowance of dietary fiber to help with digestion, prevent constipation, lower blood sugar, and fill you up so you don’t overeat. Kale is also a powerful weapon in the fight against cancer.
I just think it’s delicious!
Kale Chips Recipe
1. 1/4 bag, 1/2 bag, the whole bag…it all depends on how much you want to make. Just be aware that kale is just like spinach…when you cook it, it shrinks to a fraction of it’s size. I like to make mine in small batches so it’s warm and extra crispy.
2. Removing all the big stalks, place the kale leaves in a large bowl and toss with just a bit of olive or coconut oil. If you have any of those gourmet oil and vinegar places near you, I urge you to rush over there and get yourself some really tasty olive oil that will make these even yummier!
3. Transfer to a foil lined baking sheet and lightly sprinkle with garlic salt. Don’t be afraid to get a little creative here with seasonings!
4. Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven and the quantity. I’ll share a tip I’ve learned the hard way: Don’t walk away from the oven because kale can burn really quickly.
5. See what I mean? Kale shrinks! This is about a quarter of the bag…and just enough for me.
6. Buon appetito!
Get Coached for Free
I’d love to have you join my 21 Day Fix Family! This is a private Facebook group where a bunch of us share recipes and tips AND hold each other accountable while we do the Fix. Click below to get started: