A Helpful Shakeology Ingredient List
A Quick and Easy Guide and Why You Should Drink Shakeology Every Day with a Recipe Included!
You’ve likely heard how great Shakeology is for you, but have you ever wondered what’s in it that makes it different from other nutritional drinks? You’ll understand once you see what’s in it. Let’s take a look at the key Shakeology ingredient list:
- PROTEIN – The body’s primary building blocks. Many nutritional shakes are soy based, which can be an allergen to a lot of folks. Shakeology’s protein base is whey for the regular line and pea for the vegan line. Both are rounded out with superfoods like quinoa.
- ANTIOXIDANTS – We’ve all heard how important these are in supporting a healthy immune system. Shakeology is packed with Goji Berry, Green Tea, Pomegranate, Camu-Camu, Vitamins A, C, and E, to name just a few.
- SUPER GREENS – Let’s face it, raw kale and spinach in a smoothie doesn’t appeal to everyone. Shakeology packs these in along with other greens like Spirulina, Chlorella, and Moringa without sacrificing their delicious flavors like Vegan Chocolate or Strawberry.
- ADAPTOGENS – This might be a new one for you, but not at all to many ancient cultures worldwide. They help the body deal with stress and it’s no surprise that a lot of people with anxiety benefit from drinking Shakeology. You can thank ingredients such as Ashwangandha, Maca, Maitake, and Schisandra for working their holistic healing powers on your body.
- PROBIOTICS – Essential bacteria to aid in supporting a healthy digestive system. Shakeology’s blend mostly consists of Chicory Root, Yacon Root, Cellulase, Lactase, and Glucoamylase.
Do you own a Vitamix? It’s the best blender on the market and will not only mix your Shakeology smoothies to the creamiest consistency, but it’ll do so many other things for you in your home cooking.
Here’s an easy recipe for a daily Shakeology smoothie:
4 ice cubes
1 Caracaya papaya (pulp extracted)
¼ cup blueberries
1 Scoop Shakeology
1/2 cup of fresh orange juice
1/2 cup milk, almond milk or coconut milk
Toss all the ingredients into a Vitamix and mix first on low for a few seconds and then mix on medium-high until well blended.
If you’d like to learn more about Shakeology, head over to our Shakeology FAQs: