3 Day Refresh Recipes
Carrot Seaweed Medley
Okay, brave people…this is one of the more interesting 3 Day Refresh recipes. Are you ready for some Carrot Seaweed Medley?
First, did you know seaweed is considered a superfood? Yep. As a member of the algae family, it is loaded with good stuff. Here are some of the health benefits of seaweed:
- Packed with antioxidants.
- Purifies and alkalizes blood.
- Excellent source of calcium (10x as much as milk!) and Vitamins A and C
- High in iodine, which helps your thyroid (a sick thyroid can cause fatigue, depression, muscle weakness, difficulty losing weight, high cholesterol, heart palpitations, and forgetfulness).
- Purported to help regulate estrogen and estradiol, which has the wonderful side effects of curbing PMS [yay!] and reducing the risk of breast cancer [YAY!].
- High levels of chlorophyll detoxify the body.
- Assists with weight loss.
Want to know more about this amazing superfood? Check out this article by Food Matters: Seaweed Superfoods
Check out our other 3 Day Refresh recipe: Fruit & Veggie Chicken Salad and stop by our 3 Day Refresh Cleanse page for more info on this awesome mini-cleanse.
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 medium onion (cut into thin slices)
- 1/2 medium carrot (cut into matchsticks...or bought that way!)
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper (cut into 1/2 inch chunks)
- 2 Tablespoons shelled edamame
- 2 Tablespoons arame or hijiki seaweek
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 dash Himalayan salt
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- Soak seaweed in cool water for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, bell pepper, edamame, seaweed, and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil; cook, covered, for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove cover. Add salt; cook 1 minute.
- Remove cover. Add salt; cook 1 minute. Add green onion and mix well.