Acai Berry in Shakeology
UPDATE: Since mid-2015, there is no more acai berry in Shakeology. Check out this post, which details the minor changes in Shakeology’s new formula—A New Shakeology Formula?
This is another post in my Shakeology ingredients series. Monica and I believe deeply in this amazing nutritional supplement and want to share it with you, so you can reap the many benefits along with us. It has the most comprehensive blend of nutrients you’ll likely find in any single nutritional beverage. Next on my list—the acai berry.
Shakeology contains a proprietary super-fruit blend that not only includes the acai berry, but acerola powder, camu-camu powder, pomegranate powder, bilberry powder, blueberry powder, lycium (goji berry) powder, cordyceps, maitake powder, reishi powder, citrus bioflavonoids, rose hips powder, schisandra powder, suma powder (root), and gingko powder (leaf). Wow, that’s a mouthful!
Acai berriesare known as the “magical berry” and are touted by many to be a “cure all” for a variety of issues. They are small reddish-purple fruits that grow on the acai palm tree that is native to Central and South America. Some studies have found that the fruit’s pulp has more antioxidants than other berries.
According to the Global Healing Center, the health benefits of acai berriesinclude:
- Boost cardio health. Similar to red wine, acai berries are extremely high in anthocyanins, which can lower cholesterol. They are also a significant source of plant sterols, which help prevent blood clots, improve circulation, and relax the blood vessels.
- Help fight harmful organisms.
- Help with weight loss. Called a “superfood” by nutritionists, acai berries are purported to help with weight loss and weight maintenance.
- Good for skin. Taken internally, acai berries are purported to help treat skin conditions and increase glow.
- Relieve intestinal upset. As a result of their detoxification capacity and high amount of fiber, acai berries may also help our digestive system.
- Reduces respiratory irritation.
- Strengthen cells. Anthocyanins found in acai berries help keep our protect cells from free radicals.
- Protect against cancer. Both Vitamin C and ellagic acid have been found to suppress the growth of cancer. Acai berries is high in both.
- Anti-aging benefits. Acai berries are extremely high in several varieties of plant phytochemicals, which may slow or reverse the aging process.
- Boost energy.
- Increase blood circulation.
- Improve mental function in menopausal women.
Putting acai berry in Shakeologyis just another example of the in depth research that goes into this supplement by people who care. If you haven’t already tried it, we’re happy to send you a free sample of Shakeology: