P90X DINNER RECIPES: White Bean Zucchini Soup
There is nothing like a piping hot bowl of soup on a winter day, right? Okay, okay…so our San Diego winters would make most people chuckle, but that doesn’t mean we don’t love us a tasty and healthy soup!
Speaking of healthy, here are just a few nutritional benefits of zucchini:
- Loaded with Vitamins B + C
- Promotes eye + prostate health
- Good source of fiber
- Balances blood sugar
This White Bean Zucchini Soup is one of several delicious P90X dinner recipes pulled from the P90X2 Nutrition Guide. By no means is this just for P90Xers. All of our recipes are just good clean eating, so no matter what program you're on...bon appetit!
- 2 Tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 3 large zucchini (halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/4" pieces)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 leek (white part only, sliced thin)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 celery stalks (diced)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme OR
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary OR
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 red bliss potatoes (cut into 1/2" cubes)
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cans low sodium white beans (drained and rinsed)
- sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbs oil over medium heat. Sauté zucchini until brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large stockpot, heat remaining 1 Tbs oil over medium heat and sauté onion, leek, garlic, and celery until transparent.
- Add herbs to stockpot and stir to combine.
- Add browned zucchini, potatoes, beans, and broth to stockpot.
- Turn up heat and bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer, cover pot, and cook until potatoes are tender
- Add salt and pepper, then purée soup with either a hand or regular blender. If you're using a regular blender, you'll need to wait until the soup cools down before blending or you'll have a mess on your hands.
SATURATED FAT: 1g