P90X TUNA SALAD RECIPE: Mediterranean Tuna Salad
This P90X Tuna Salad recipe is straight out of the P90X Nutrition Guide.
This Mediterranean Tuna Salad makes two lunches or dinners for those wanting to eat clean – and is especially geared for people doing the P90X Workouts.
But first, a mini lesson on tuna:
Albacore (AKA white) tuna has triple the Omega 3 than regular tuna. BUT…it also has more mercury. According to MensHealth.com, it’s best to limit your albacore intake to six ounces per week. Here’s a post we wrote about how to pick the right tuna—How to Choose the Best Canned Tuna
And, check out another delish P90X Tuna Salad recipe—Tuna Salad in a Tomato. We included a super helpful link to a Seafood Calculator in this recipe to get you up to speed on the safest fish to eat and gauge your mercury intake. Of course, you can always substitute the tuna with a lower mercury fish.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 cup roasted red bell peppers (from a jar, cut into strips)
- 1 teaspoon white wine or champagne vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- Salt + fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 clove garlic (pressed or minced)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 6 ounces albacore tuna in water (drained)
- 1/2 cucumber (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup tomato (diced and seeds removed)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, bell peppers, vinegar, parsley, pepper, salt and garlic.
- For each serving, place spinach on a plate and top with brown rice, tuna, cucumber, onion, and tomato. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutritional Info: 1 protein, 2 vegetables, 1/2 fat, only 273 calories