Body Beast Recipes: Easy Chicken Fajitas
These Easy Chicken Fajitas are one of my favorite Body Beast recipes. They’re healthy and filling. Even though they’re from the Body Beast Nutrition Guide, they are not just for Beasts—they work well with all healthy nutrition plans.
You can easily substitute the chicken with beef sirloin or shrimp to change it up a bit. Also, omit the tortillas to lower calories and carbohydrates.
Calculating your calories on the Body Beast program can be confusing. To make it easier for you, I created a Body Beast calorie calculation worksheet that is free for your use. All you need to know is your weight and body fat! Click on the link to download it.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut into 1/2" strips)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 8 small corn or whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 avocado (thinly sliced)
- fresh salsa
- lime wedges
- Combine chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder and 1 teaspoon olive oil in large resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken, bell pepper, and onion; mix gently to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Empty contents of bag into skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat; add lime juice and stir.
- Heat tortillas in pan on stovetop, or in microwave.
- Serve fajitas with warm tortillas, avocado, salsa and lime wedges.