This delicious recipe for Cashew ‘n’ Oats pancakes was created by Autumn Calabrese and her chef brother, Bobby.
It’s a healthier version of a traditional hotcake, using cashews, rolled oats and cinnamon instead of the less healthy alternatives. This is one of my favorite 21 Day Fix recipes…it makes a great breakfast (OR dinner)! I like to make extra and freeze them to save time. Be sure and enlist (or order lol) the family to help make them—making pancakes is a fun family activity!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg large
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 cups mixed berries
- Place oats, cashews, salt and cinnamon in food processor or blender; pulse until coarsely ground.
- Add egg, oil, water, and vanilla extract; pulse until well blended.
- Heat medium nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium heat.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into skillet for each pancake; cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles form on top.
- Flip with spatula and cook for 30 seconds.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes topped evenly with berries.
|= 1/2||= 1||= 1|