20 Healthy Holiday Recipes
I’m going to be trying very, very hard to stay focused on my WHY and not lose too much ground this holiday season—and I’d truly love it if you tried right along with me! One thing the 21 Day Fix has taught me is that suffering is NOT necessary and there are healthy swaps for just about everything. I’ve gathered 20 healthy holiday recipes to demonstrate this FACT. Enjoy
Healthy Holiday Breakfast Recipes
- Gingerbread Granola—Just imagine this sprinkled over some non- or low-fat Greek yogurt.
- Baked Avocado Eggs —Have you gotten the memo that eggs are NOT bad for you??? And the one about all the health benefits of avocados??? This egg dish will earn you maximum compliments with minimal effort!
- Apple Pie Oatmeal —This one makes the house smell amazing! Adding some vanilla Shakeology makes it even healthier.
Healthy Holiday Side Dish Recipes
- Holiday Veggie Platters—These are too…darn…cute.
- Apple Cranberry Holiday Stuffing—Replacing bread with sweet potatoes cuts out the simple carbs.
- Cranberry Orange Quinoa Salad—A delish low carb/high protein alternative to traditional stuffing.
- Quinoa & Sweet Potato Stuffing—The love child of high protein quinoa and low carb sweet potatoes.
- Cranberry Sauce with Apricots & Currants—So many interesting flavors in this one.
- Citrus Cranberry Relish—Love that this is UNcooked and interesting addition of mint. Mostly, I love how easy it is.
- Cinnamon Ginger Fruit Salad—A healthier alternative to traditional cranberry sauce.
- Walnut & Coconut Whipped Sweet Potato Casserole—This is sort of your grandma’s sweet potato casserole.
- Romano Cheese Mashed Cauliflower—They had me at “Romano.”
- Brussel Sprout & Sweet Potato Hash—To bacon or not to bacon?
- Kale with Cranberries—Love a delicious recipe with only four ingredients!
- Kale, Fennel & Pomegranate Salad—If you haven’t tried fennel in salad, you MUST.
Healthy Holiday Dessert Recipes
- Oatmeal Almond Butter Cookies—Healthy cookies that will get you invited back to that cookie exchange.
- Clean Eating Gingerbread Loaf—Did you know that unsulphured organic molasses has actual health benefits?
- No Bake Pumpkin Tarts—They had me at “No Bake.”
- Grinch Kabobs—A cute one for the kiddos!
More Helpful Healthy Holiday Tips
I hope you enjoy several of these healthy holiday recipes. And, don’t miss last year’s healthy Thanksgiving recipes!
Here are some other tools:
- Read this blog on how to stay motivated—How to Stay Motivated to Lose Weight.
- Here’s another helpful one—Secret to Losing Weight
- Remember that Shakeology is one of your best tools during the holidays. I drink it BEFORE I go to any social gatherings so I’m not so hungry and it helps curb those cravings for sweets.
- Consider doing the 3 Day Shakeology Cleanse during the holiday season. It will motivate you to stay on track.
- Reach out to me…I’m here for YOU!