End of Summer Fitness Tips
Summer’s OVER! Every year when the end of summer arrives, I’m both disappointed and excited. It’s not about weather, because the weather here in San Diego is pretty much ALWAYS gorgeous—I just adore the relaxed schedule and all the super fun summer activities that we do together as a family. But, come late August, I’m ready for some of my structure back so I can refocus on my goals. This is a key time when it comes to your health and fitness and I have some helpful end of summer fitness tips I want to share with you.
Coach Monica’s End of Summer Fitness Plan
From now until the end of the year is a prime time to dial into a super effective end of summer fitness plan. You can really make this next several months work for you!
You have time for a few 21 day rounds between now and the end of year holidays. If you want to maximize your weight loss and allow yourself some reasonable cheats, here’s what I suggest:
- September Round—(from 9/5 to 9/25) This month I’ll be doing a combination of the 3 Week Yoga Retreat and 21 Day Fix nutrition.
- (Optional) 3 Day Cleanse—You can use the week in between rounds to hit your nutrition harder and do one of three optional cleanses. See below for more info on each of your choices.
- October Round—(from 10/3 to 10/23) This round conveniently ends just before Halloween and the next one doesn’t start up until early November, so you can partake in a few cheat days involving Halloween candy if you so desire! Or, you can commit to doing a 3 day cleanse if you want to push forward.
- (Optional) 3 Day Cleanse
- November Round—(from 11/2 to 11/22) I planned this round to begin mid-week, so that we hit the weekend when we need it most. This round also ends at the perfect time to allow you to fully enjoy your family and, in this case, Thanksgiving meals and leftovers.
- (Optional) 3 Day Cleanse
- December Round—(from 12/1 to 12/21) I scheduled this round to finish just before Christmas to allow for maximum enjoyment of all that comes with this family holiday. Enjoy!
- (Optional) 3 Day Cleanse—A 3 day cleanse is the perfect way to end the year and start your new year off on the healthiest foot!
Optional 3 Day Cleanses
In between 21 day rounds, you have some excellent options—choose the one that best fits your goals, mindset, and family plans as you end each round.
1. Enjoy Your Time Off
It’s most definitely an option to just take a breather and allow yourself some reasonable holiday cheats.
I don’t know about you, but at Halloween time, I find it REALLY difficult not to cheat a bit. Between the candy I buy for our trick-or-treaters or my kids’ own candy, I am constantly tempted! If you’ve worked hard and you feel you have earned a break, go for it.
Thanksgiving and Christmas are SUPER challenging times to be adhering to a strict nutrition plan. I’m constantly drooling over the delicious smells wafting through the air that conjure up delicious tastes AND family memories. It’s okay to cut yourself a break and be on the same plate as your family during one or both of these holidays. Just make sure you have really good rounds before AND after each holiday to give yourself the most wiggle room!
2. The 3 Day Refresh Cleanse
I do a cleanse when I want to maximize my results in between rounds or get myself re-centered on my health if I’ve slipped up and am seeing some bad habits resurface.
The 3 Day Refresh Cleanse detoxifies and re-energizes your body using easy-to-prep and nutritious whole foods. It helps you break the cycle of bad eating and lose weight WITHOUT starving yourself.
You’ll start each day with the dense nutrition in Shakeology, which is thoughtfully and scientifically formulated to optimize your overall health and help you lose weight. You’ll drink a protein-packed Vanilla Fresh shake with lunch and dinner, which helps curb your hunger and delivers essential vitamins, minerals and probiotics. You’ll also drink a gentle and natural Fiber Sweep drink to eliminate waste from your digestive system. The cleanse also comes with a Nutrition Guide that provides you with healthy food choices and nine easy dinner recipes.
3. The 3 Day Shakeology Cleanse
The 3 Day Shakeology Cleanse is another cleanse option to choose in between 21 day rounds. Most people who do this cleanse lose between 3-5 pounds—some even more. Yes, some of this is water weight—but, this cleanse is more than just about weight loss. It also flush toxins from your body and recharges your system.
I love doing this cleanse to gear up for another round of the 21 Day Fix. It’s kind of like a reboot and then I charge forward feeling extra good, because I’m really taking care of myself.
On the 3 Day Shakeology Cleanse, you’ll be consuming (3) servings of Shakeology per day, (2) cups of green tea per day, (1-2) servings of fruit per day, a salad white grilled or baked poultry or fish [for dinner] with low calorie homemade salad dressing, and LOTS of water! You will NOT be consuming dairy, sugar OR artificial sweeteners, processed foods, or almond, soy or rice milk.
4. Autumn's 3 Day Quick Fix
Sometimes you want to add a little oomph to your round of the Fix—whether to lose a little bit extra for one of the aforementioned holidays or you just need to refocus. This is exactly why Autumn included the plan for the 3 Day Quick Fix with the 21 Day Fix program. You can either do this in between rounds OR you can start or end your round with it.
The Quick Fix entails following a very specific three-day eating plan, along with several other instructions from Autumn. If you own the 21 Day Fix program, look for the 3 Day Quick Fix pamphlet included in the box. If you don't, stay tuned for a future blog post where I'll provide the details to you!
Let's Spend the Next Few Months Together!
I hope these end of summer fitness tips are super helpful for you and ensure that you make the very best use of the several months remaining in the year. If you're not already in my private 21 Day Fix Family accountability group (on Facebook), click below to request to join!