Beachbody Performance Recover Post-Workout Formula
Beachbody’s Performance Line provides MANY benefits for people doing difficult workouts. It includes five key nutritional supplements—Energize, Recharge, Hydrate, Creatine, and Recover. (Click on any of these to learn more about them.) For serious athletes, it’s a must, but even casual athletes will benefit tremendously from some of them. In this post, I dig deep into the Beachbody Performance Recover Post-Workout Formula so you can decide if it’s right for you.
For those of you who have been with Beachbody awhile, Performance Recover is a replacement for P90X Results and Recovery Formula. Because Beachbody stays apprised of updated scientific research, they evolve and Recover is the result of evolution.
Beachbody Performance Recover Video
Beachbody Performance Recover comes in chocolate and orange and is designed to help you recover from your workouts faster. Here’s an informative video that looks at the science behind this awesome supplement:
What Does Beachbody Performance Recover Do?
Beachbody Performance Recover helps you recover quicker, so you can stay consistent and strong with your workouts.
You drink Recover during the critical post-workout window after every workout and your body will use its combo of time-released proteins and nutrients to boost its natural healing process.
Beachbody Performance Recover is formulated to specifically help do the following:
- Reduce exercise-induced muscle soreness and breakdown
- Speed up muscle recovery to restore your strength
- Help you get faster results
- Promote lean muscle growth
- Improve your adaptation to workouts
- Help your muscles come back stronger
- Support muscle glycogen recovery
- Delay exercise-induced muscle fatigue
If you want to maximize the effectiveness and results of every workout, this stuff is a MUST.
Here’s some feedback from Autumn Calabrese, creator of the 21 Day Fix and 80 Day Obsession—Autumn Reviews the Performance Line
Key Ingredients in Beachbody Performance Recover
All of the ingredients in Beachbody Performance Recover are safe, proven, and without side effects. Here are the key ones:
- Pomegranate extract. The ellagitannin in pomegranate extract has been scientifically proven to help your muscle recover faster and reduce exercise-induced muscle soreness, particularly after intense workouts.
- 20 grams of high-quality protein. A blend of fast, medium, and slow-released proteins help to ensure an uninterrupted supply of nutrients, which helps with muscle recovery and growth.
- Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs). A 2:1:1 ratio of three amino acids (leucine, isoleucine, and valine) help promote muscle synthesis and rebuilding.
How is Recover Better than the Competition?
Clichés exist for a reason—you get what you pay for applies in this case for sure.
Here's what you get with Beachbody Performance Recover that you probably won't with the typical post-workout supplement:
- Far superior quality
- A proprietary and highly effective blend of plant-based phytonutrients
- No gimmicky ingredients
- Clinically established dosage levels on all key ingredients
- Nothing artificial—no fake colors, flavors, fillers, artificial sweeteners, or preservatives
- It's Informed-Sport Certified
Beachbody invests a massive amount of money into the research, development, and testing of every nutritional supplement they formulate and the Performance Line is no exception. The following highly trained scientists were involved in the development of each supplement:
- Nima Alamdari, PhD: Harvard-trained in exercise physiology and nutrition and Beachbody’s Director of Scientific Affairs
- Beachbody's Scientific Advisory Board
- Dr. Marcus Elliott, MD: Harvard-trained physician, founder of P3 (a leading athlete performance training center)
- Dr. Francis Stephens, PhD: Global leader in exercise physiology and nutrition
- ...and more leading authorities in relevant nutritional fields
Beachbody is extremely proactive when it comes to nutritional supplement standards and, as such, every product is thoroughly researched and tested (including a heavy metal check).
How to Use Beachbody Performance Recover
Mix with water and drink within 30 minutes after you finish your workout. It's that simple.
How Much Does Beachbody Performance Recover Cost?
If you buy it as a standalone supplement at the retail price, you'll pay $69.95 for 20 servings. But, wait...read my post on Beachbody Performance Line Pricing to find out how to get a much better deal. (HINT—One way is to buy a Challenge Pack and another is to become a member of the Fit Club Network.)
As usual, there's no risk to trying this product. Like every Beachbody product, it's backed by a 30 day money back guarantee. If it doesn't thrill you, just return it for your money back (less s&h).
Here are a couple helpful reviews on the Performance line:
- Autumn Calabrese Reviews the Performance Line
- Beachbody Performance Review (by a "regular" person)
Don't miss my other articles in my in depth series on the complete Beachbody's Performance Line...click below to find them.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.